To All the Grandmothers
My granddaughter saw a book in a store titled "Thanks for being my Grandmother" and she asked if she could buy it for me. I wanted to share a few quotes to bless and encourage you. Remember, being a grandmother is a place of great influence in little lives so pray for them continually, use wisdom and allow God to use you. Maureen
1. Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
2. Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.
3. A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
4. There's no place like home except Grandma's.
5. Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now that day was complete.
6. Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
7. If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.
8. Grandmas are short on critism and long on love.
9. If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma.
10. A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
11. A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween.
12. Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done she becomes a grandmother.
(Zondervan, Grand Rapids Michigan: pages 6,7,910,11,16,17,20,21 - quote 5 Marcy Demaree; quote 9 Teresa Bloomingdale; quote 11 Erma Bombeck; quote 12 Edward H. Dreschnack)